Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Of getting closer to halloween~~~~

Well Darklings,

I have been loading up on goodies and refreshments for the Halloween party, everyone I've invited are going to attend, in spite of the rain.  So I have to make sure I have plenty of goodie bags for the children as a number of folks are bringing their little one's  so the spare room is going to be made comfortable with blankets on the floor, plenty of cushion for them to fall asleep on and we'll have people  rotating to watch the little ones and lots of good finger food for them to eat.

I've added "Hocus Pocus" to the movie list for the little ones, so there will be some fun choice for them, but I would not be surprised if some adults snuck in there to watch the movies.

I've also included coloring books and games for them as well, the games can be played on the screen porch, it has plenty of lighting and it will be warm enough, just have to make sure for all contingencies.   But I think a lot of them will be pretty tired from trick or treating.

Well have at least 12 children including my niece and nephews and her friend Marrisa, and a few others, quiet a mix group.

We've moved Grim and the Fog machine so he and the machine will be under the eaves of the house without getting wet, it will be the best we can do given the circumstances.

Even my Ghostly couple the Artist will be coming by, and a few other artistic friends,  my cute police officer's wife and two little ones, Doyle said he'll make sure she's comfortable, so it is going to be interesting.

Cost Plus world Market has been offering some interesting sodas that I'll use in our decanters for the children and those that don't want wine or beer.

So I'm going to post some pictures of what I'll be offering  here to give you my Darklings an idea, at least on the drink department.


 
I also found these darling place holders so we can label what foods are being served and also so anyone can ask what's in it in case of allergies.
 
 
Now this is all from Cost Plus world market you never know what you'll find.  I could not resist these coloring pencils which I think will be nice for those who want to draw pictures (hopefully not on the walls)
 
 
So I bought several bundles so there won't be any fighting.
 
We will be very busy in the Kitchen preparing the goodies and such, but I think it will be worth it after all Halloween itself only comes once a year, but who says you can't celebrate it year around.
 
And Doyle is so handy in the kitchen.
 
 
Later Darklings
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment