Thursday, October 31, 2013

Of A Halloween Chant~~~~

Well Darklings,

Halloween is upon us, I only have time for a short post.

Cousin Louise is helping me in the kitchen, my new stove is not ready yet so the small one is doing yoeman's work.

Sis and Doyle will be helping out this afternoon to make sure everything is in place.  Food  and drink to be served buffet style, the dinning room table streched out to its limit.

And for just a brief moment when I woke up this morning I remembered a Halloween chant that I and my siblings use to say when we went around trick or treating which I'll share with you.


Trick or treat,
Here we meet,
Give us something sweet to eat.
Be it candy be it cake,
Give us something sweet to take.

Happy Halloween Darklings

You just never know who is going to show up.


2 comments:

  1. Heheheh, much better than what WE used to say:

    "Trick or Treat!
    Smell my feet,
    Give me something
    Good to eat!"

    Happy Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. **chuckle*** Ahh but I'm old school as they say. Amazing Lucretia how children turn things around into something gross---I think it was done by boys, they ususally would do that. Give them something gross and they are all for it.

    Hope you had a great Halloween.

    ReplyDelete