Monday, October 14, 2013

Of Pumpkin Crunch~~~~

Hello again Darklings,

I'm taking a break, the maid service has come and swept through taking care of the hall, upstairs and maids room and bathrooms, Friday they'll be here to do the main floor rooms, expensive but worth it.  It is a good thing my Great-Aunts trust provides for that service otherwise I'd have my hands full.

Laundry done and folded (yes how boring), meat loaf prepared, in the Refrigerator and waiting to be popped into the oven, and I've made the Pumpkin Crunch dessert.  The service staff smelled it and wanted the receipe and were surprised how easy to make, once cooled I cut a little section out for samples, just perfect.

And so my Darklings, I'll share that receipe with you, I may even make a 2nd one.

PUMPKIN CRUNCH

1  15 oz. can pumpkin

1 12 oz. can evaporated milk

1 1/2 cup sugar

3 eggs

1 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon

Combine all the ingredients listed above and pour into a greaced 9 x 13 inch pan

1 yellow cake mix

1 cup melted butter

Sprinkle cake mix on top of pumpkin mixture and then pour the melted butter on top

Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 10 minutes

Allow to cool, cut and serve, can top with whipped cream  I prefer to use real whipping cream not cool whip but I'm old-fashioned that way.

I still have my tiny apartment stove for now, BUT----yes Darklings I've ordered a wonderful stove, it looks old fashioned, but it's modern, it will be delivered and then I'll have a professional make sure it's properly installed and calibrated.

And speaking of calibration,  it does pay to check to see if your oven is working at the correct temperature, so with the coming winter and you'll be doing a lot of baking I'm sure, have a professional stove repair person come out and make sure your oven and pilots are calibrated to the correct degree.

Now to take Belladonna for her walk.   Enjoy!

Later Darklings

1 comment:

  1. I am going to try this recipe soon. Fall has finally arrived in the midwest and I am ready for pumpkins:) If I were going to be in the country for Halloween I would make it then for our adults only Halloween party:) The kids get their own party.

    ReplyDelete