Friday, October 19, 2012

Nguyen Chi Thien~~~RIP


Dear Darklings,



I was sad to read about the death of Vietnamese poet Nguyen Chi Thien.



He died on October 2, 2012 at age 73.



His poems that were translated into the book “Flowers From Hell”, I found so very inspiring, that through all his torment he could write poetry and managed before he was arrested by the Communists, to get them out of the country.



Some of his poetry as translated into English inspired me to write better, in some of his poems I felt as if I were walking down those same streets he talks about, the prison camps he is incarcerated in.



The one about his Mother’s tears, I felt was one for all Mothers who see their children suffer unjustly.



Some of his poems can be found on www.vietnamlit.org/ and is worth reading, along with his biography.



If you can Darklings, see if you can get the bi-lingual translation of his poems.



Later Darklings

No comments:

Post a Comment