Monday, December 31, 2012

Happy New Year for 2013!!!

Well My Darklings,

In a few hours we will turn to a new year, fraught with changes, joys and fears.

Right now for us here the United States we a looking at the ineffectiveness of our politicians---and that is the only comment I'm going to make of that situation~~~I will leave the rest of it to the news media.

Doyle and I have our plans to celebrate New Years on the retired aircraft carrier USS Hornet, for those of you who are not familiar with this ship it is now a floating museum and the largest dance floor in the entire Bay Area.   We are going dressed in period clothing, something I am looking forward to.

My sister is having a couple of friends over for a quiet celebration and will be watching Coralline who insists on staying up till midnight, I suggested that she dress in her pajama's, warm robe and slippers,  I remember the number of New Year Eve's where my sister and I tried to stay up late to watch the New Year arrive, and always fell asleep.

My sister is wondering if the New Year's drunk will be running down the middle of the street this year dressed only in his "tidy whiteties", tennis shoes, blowing a whistle while he runs down the block and back with his belly moving like liquid jello,  Miranda's folks told us about him, he's been doing this for about 15 years and hasn't stopped yet, who he is no-one knows.   But I did tell my sister I wasn't sure if Coralline should see that spectacle.

Miranda and her family will be going to her grandmother's house for celebrations, but we did offer them an alternative if that might have been changed.

My brother and his family will be hosting their own party.

Our New Year's Day will be a quiet one, no special plan's we'll have to see what the weather has in store for us.  We may all go out for breakfast as I know of several places that will be open, and if the day is as sunny as today we may just take a little tour around town in my vintage car, in our vintage clothing and appear as if we have come through a time warp. 

But to all of you who read my blog, from the United States, Canada, Russia, the Ukraine, Finland, Sweden, Ireland, the UK, France, Israel, China, Japan, Venezuela, Brazil, Italy, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mexico, Turkey, India, Austria, and Australia, Afghanistan, Germany, South Korea, Poland, Mauritius, Belgium and many, many more countries I wish you and your Love One's a Very Happy, Healthy and Wealthy New Year!

See you in 2013 My Darklings

No comments:

Post a Comment