Thursday, July 10, 2014

Of Further Updates on Doyle and a haunted campout~~~~

Well Darklings,

Thank you everyone for all your good wishes for Doyle's recovery, I'll let him know that many people are thinking good thoughts for him.

The good news is that Doyle continues to improve, although still very tender in the nether region, his temperature, Blood Pressure, Heart Rate continue to remain stable.

His white cell count continues its downward trend towards normal, but they are still worried about his oxygen saturation, they had him doing physical therapy, going up and down stairs (without a support strap in the vital area---ouch!) and that is when they saw a decrease in the saturation.  But the Doctor attributes that to the pain that Doyle is still in.

His Doctor asked me to bring a couple of athletic supporters so Doyle can do more walking to keep his circulation going.

And yes, he is on pain management.

But all in all the news continues to be good.  Which is a great relief to me.

I have found that my home feels very, VERY large without Doyle in it, Sis is now staying in her own home, since she is meeting her clients there but when I told her how I felt she agreed to sleep over in my home until Doyle is discharged. 

Even the dogs sense such a change in the atmosphere, its not the same as when he goes out of town for his work or to visit his children.  No this is a totally different feeling.

I think it's because its a combination of worry, and a change of routine that is not normal, of course a serious hospitalization illness is never normal.

But because it is so sudden, it feels like a vital organ has been ripped out of the very fabric of existence, and until it can be repaired and returned there,  this is a void that is difficult to fill.

I know some folks would say, "why don't to stay at your sister's, she's right next door".

Well yes this is true but her guest bedrooms are not set up for guests at this time, with the exception of the room that Brian stays in, that he's now renting.  But Brian furnished it himself.

Sis will furnish the other rooms a bit at a time, with furnishings she feels is right for the house and no one wants to be rushed.

So it's easier for her to stay in my place.

I take the dogs for their walks, take care of things around the house, visit Doyle twice a day, and then come home and take something out of the freezer or have a salad, sometimes Sis will have something going in the crock pot, but it usually is too much for two people for one nice so we have left overs the next night.

At least I'm sleeping better, last night was the first real good night's sleep since this started.  And that is an improvement. 

Earlier today when I was visiting Doyle he told me that he wished he had hit the assailant harder, and also damaged him in the same vital area.   Nothing like the thoughts of revenge to perk up a person's mood.

But because his white blood cell count is slow in coming down and the swelling is still slow to get to normal they will keep him over the weekend and possibly through Monday.  Oh well, I'll deal with it one day at a time.

A friend of mine wanted to know if I'd be interested in going with her and her family to a haunted campout at the Alameda Country Fair grounds this weekend,  originally it was going to be 4 of them but her oldest daughter "chickened out".  You have to be over the age of 18, and it is a choose your own adventure.

It's called "The Great Horror Campout"  and it is a 12-hour, overnight, interactive Horror camping adventure. Campers can choose their level of engagement by their choice of activities and tent zone. It can be an extreme horror adventure or a more mild horror adventure. It’s completely up to the camper.

Regardless of how high the camper chooses to turn up the volume on their experience, all content is strictly for entertainment purposes and at no time will campers ever be in real danger.

Sort of like "Jason comes out to play" with a touch of "Blair Witch" and maybe a smidgen of "Texas Chain Saw".

It's this coming weekend and if there are still any openings the URL is http://greathorrorcampout.com/

Well I've heard of Glamping, but horror camping is a new one on me, even for an elderly Goth, it sound like fun, but I had to admit that my heart would not be in the mood for it, but I did suggest it to Sis who is up for anything psychologically scary, she told me she wanted to see how people react even to fake scares.   So Sis is going.

Although I did remind her of the time we were camping with our parents and those coyotes late one night showed up and were yipping and circling our tent until Dad our hero, yelled at them calling them "mangy cur's and to get out of here".   This has happened several times in our lives, and always when they've got newly maturing pups.

No for now I don't need this new type of camping experience.

If any of you Darklings are interested check out the web site, there maybe a haunted campout coming to you, Woooooo.

And now my two doggie darlings are begging for their walkies---yes that is just too cute, but they are a demanding duo. 

I hope to have more good news soon.

Later Darklings

1 comment:

  1. Their site seems very promising :D. Never heard about anything like that before.
    Glad to hear that Doyles progress is good.

    ReplyDelete