Sunday, May 11, 2014

Of Mother's Day and memories~~~~

Hello My Darklings,

And Happy Mother's Day to all of you who are mother's , grandmothers, aunties, Godmother's, and if you just help out caring for children.

Doyle and I are going to the cemetery in a few minutes to put flowers on my Mother's grave, Sis would have gone but she left yesterday to be with her children for Mother's day and won't be back until tomorrow but she chipped in for the flowers.

Doyle called his children last night to wish them Happy Mother's Day, he'll be going down in June for a week to visit---by pass the Memorial Day weekend insanity.

Roses, white and red that is I what I'll be putting there.

Our elderly neighbor lady is coming with us along with Belladonna and Weiner dog because afterwards we are going to my brother's house to celebrate with a bar-be-que, just relax and talk and relax and eat and talk and relax.

I didn't want to leave our neighbor lady all by herself, her children live far away and they did call her last night but on a day like today its not good to be alone.  So we invited her.

Just sitting here and thinking about all the things Mom did for us, all the fun we had and the scolding's too, the tragedy she and Dad had to bear, and her courage to be able to pull up from it.

I remember at old St. Elizabeth's Church there was this 2/3's size tableau at one side of the altar on Good Friday of the 3 Mary's at the foot of the cross, Mary the Mother of Jesus, watching her son suffer and not being able to ease his suffering.  Who ever sculpted that statue caught the pain on Mary's face, in pain and resignation, not denial but resignation.

No parent, no Mother wants to outlive their children but things force themselves upon Mother's.

I remember my Grandmother saying "the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world".   And then I think I hear my mother's laughter at odd times in the house, sometimes as I wake up in the middle of the night.  I'm not frightened but at ease. 

I've never had children of my own, life took a different turn with me on that, but I'm happy to be an Auntie and to carry on the memories of my Mother and Grandmother to pass on to other generations.

And now our neighbor has shown up and we're ready to go.

Happy Mother's Day Darklings!

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment