Sunday, September 23, 2012

The End of a Vacation~~& the Shuttlecraft

Hello My Darklings,

I am home.  

I returned later yesterday afternoon, first un-packing my car and putting things away, with Doyle's help.

Started a run of laundry and picked up my Belladonna who was happy to see me.  I have so much to post, but I'm going to save it for another time as I am still getting myself together to be able to return to the work force tomorrow.

Oh how I will hate to have to return to the mundane world, but I must.

On my return home I could feel Fall had arrived, the scent in the air, the change in the atmosphere, the landscape turning brown and going to dust, but the excitement of traveling and discovery was such a tingling experience that I want to do it again and again.

I am reminded of an episode of the T.V. program "Thriller" titled "Masquerade"  where this young couple who are traveling around the country with a trailer and looking for places to explore are trapping in this house of demented people, they somehow manage to excape and we think they are such heros, only to discover as they go into the sleeping area of their trailer that it contains a double coffin for them to sleep in.
Doyle has suggested that perhaps we should look into an RV to travel in.  But I love my home, but it is a thought.

Doyle has saved me the trouble of dinner, thank goodness.  So we will go out, with little Belladonna in tow in her carry all.

Doyle also managed to video tape the Shuttle's Fly-over the Bay Area espeically over the Golden Gate Bridge,  as I watched it I felt a sense of pride and accomplishment, and yes, patriotism.  Such old fashioned feelings but this fleet of Shuttles' taking us a step further into space, and now with Curiosity on Mars...I do not have the words for it.   Although I have not built the craft nor was in anyway directly involved, the feeling of what we can do is amazing and that is where I get my feelings from.

Doyle told me that a little girl was asking her Mommie  "Why is the Shuttle pulling the airplane?"   The Mother looked at Doyle and he said, "Let her think that."   When he told me that I laughed in amusement, the child's focus was in its own way correct, and that would be a moment for the Mommy to remember for a life time.  Doyle noticed the Mommy was confused so he said "It's to help the Shuttle land, when it get's to Los Angeles" and that seemed to satisfy the child.

In the next few days I will post the wined up of my trip.  But for now my Darklings,  check the stores, the Halloween goodies are out!

Later Darklings

No comments:

Post a Comment