Friday, March 28, 2014

Of Rain, Disasters and miracles~~~~~

Dear Darklings,

Well we are finally getting some rain, how much of it will make a dent in our drought I don't know, but it feels so good to have it raining here in the Bay Area and Snowing in the Mountains.

At work when I looked out the window I enjoyed seeing it coming down wetting the streets, making grey and mysterious at certain points, of course cars driving fast and splashing rain water on people was not welcomed, but fortunately I had my trench coat and umbrella, and was prepared.

In the evening when the rain was coming down I spent time just looking out the living room window just mesmerized by it, feeling a certain sort of relaxation hearing it.  That lovely coziness that it brings.   Spring rain is different from Winter rain, its not as gloomy and when you step outside in the morning the air has such a fresh feeling.

Of course Belladonna and Weiner Dog beg to differ, "Its wets Mummy, ours tummys gets wets, no likes" but of course demands to go potty wins out.

And it seems that with the rain it has made my garden start to grow wild, the old damaged rose bushes that were moved seem to be doing well, and the new one's planted are flourishing, I'm happy to say.  So now it will be raining on and off through next week, are we going to have rain next month?  I really don't know, I hope so.

I got a phone call last night from our "haunted couple" yes it was they at the S.F. Opera House sale, she was looking for things to incorporate into various art works, she seems to be working on several art projects at the same time depending on where the mood takes her.  We've been invited to dinner tomorrow evening, which should prove to be interesting.  Doyle had to beg off, he's on assignment, so it will be Sis and I, I wonder what will develop?

Of late the news has been grim, the lost of that Malaysian Airplane with all passengers and crew, has developed into a major mystery, why did it go so off course?  Was there emotional problems between either the Pilot or Co-Pilot, why was the black box and transponder turned off?  Did one or the other kill their fellow crew member,  Doyle and I thought at first it was a terrorist act, but no one owned up to it, then I began thinking it crashed by accident, then I began thinking was it a suicide act?  If so why take over 200 lives with you?   To do that is insane. 

Sis has thoughts on that, and said it would not be unusual for someone in a certain frame of mind to do it that way.   Its heart breaking for the surviving family members.

And then that horrendous mud slide in Washington State killing possibly over a hundred people.  One family, by a miracle, was not home but when they returned discovered that their aunt who lived next door had died, they also thought their pet dog a Labrador had died but was discovered to have survived, with only a few cuts, very muddy and very hungry.  Even a 4 year old boy was discovered alive in all that cold wet mud.

But what really had my jaw dropping was seeing on the news that construction worker who was trapped on a balcony edge of a raging apartment building fire, he looked like he was going to get caught by the flames but the fire department managed to get a ladder to him and pull him off just before the upper part of the building collapsed.

It's on You Tube listed as Houston Apartment fire rescue, the original video was done by Karen Jones, all I can say it was a miracle.  

And its the 2nd large major building fire of a building under construction, within weeks of the one in S.F. and the Houston one.  My jaw just dropped to the ground at how close a call it was.

And now the crisis in the Ukraine,  I don't trust Putkin, its all leading to something worse or he wants something and is maneuvering for it.

I have not been posting as much as I would like of late but work both at work and at home has been keeping me very busy.   And I have to admit I'm having fun as well, a friend of mine Diane and I went to see "Young Frankenstein" playing at a local movie theater, part of their classic film series.

It was fun, funny and interesting at the same time, you see on the big screen all these little visual images that one misses when viewing it on Television.  Little details, that add to the story.  I understand that its Mel Brooks favorite film, I can understand why, it incorporates all the elements of the first 3 Frankenstein movies and it had all the equipment used in the original as well.  And I had not realized that the Frankenstein monster in this film had a zipper in his neck or that the Doctor had a thimble on his finger after he sewed the "Abby Normal" brain into his creation.  These are details one just does not catch.

I told Doyle this and his remark was "We need a bigger TV Screen"  Excuse me, I ask him.  And where are we going to put it?   Well, he says,  there's always my future "man-cave".  I gave him The Look, where he quickly decided to go to the kitchen to make us a cup of tea.  Smart move.

Now Easter is coming---whether its going to rain or not depends on, of course, the weather.  And that then will decide where to have Easter Dinner, my Brother asked if I care to have it at my home, and I have no problem with that, but, fortunately his dear wife said that the burden of cooking the entire dinner should not fall exclusively on my shoulders, so she will come over to help out, so between the 3 of us (Sis, sis-in-law, myself) we should be able to do a very nice dinner.

The children are too old for Easter Egg Hunts, but Coralline wants to come over early and my brother will distract the boys for a few hours while we get things ready. 

I posted in a much earlier post about how Gothic the Easter Season is.  With the fasting, and sacrificing and such.  I'm sure you Darklings can find it.  Sis would like to go to the special late night Easter Eve services, if we can find a church that is offering it.  I would love to, it is Gothic Ritual at its highest.

Now I must go, I promised to meet Sis at the Claremont for an early dinner.

Later Darklings

No comments:

Post a Comment