Thursday, November 26, 2015

Of Happy Thanksgiving~~~

Hello My Darklings,

I'm up, I could no longer sleep, it was 39 degrees out in my back yard, and yet birds are flying looking for food, although I'm not suppose to venture out until later, the coffee was still perking and not yet done, so I found a nice flat pan and filled it with bird seed,  raided the pantry for walnuts that we use in baking and put that out as well.

Stepping back into my kitchen and being warm I had the pleasure of seeing the birds and squirrels come out and enjoy the feast. 

Earlier this week Doyle took 3 turkeys to a local soup kitchen to help feed the hungry,  we give year around but during the holidays we give more.  When ever I go to the grocery store I make sure to have some paper money to put into the Salvation Army bucket,  in a strange way I consider that good luck.  Mom and Dad always did that, even when Dad was for a time out of work, we gave~~~

Matthew 25: 35-40  For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’
  

During this Holiday Season and all year round  help those who need help.   And in a more fun way to think of  Thanksgiving I give you these very Happy but Gothic images.

Happy Thanksgiving Darklings!






No comments:

Post a Comment