Sunday, November 22, 2015

Of comming down with a nasty cold~~~~

Hello Darklings,

I know I have not posted of late, but I came down with a horrible cold and in went into my chest, given my age and everything (and I refused to be called "Old")  I had to rest, and take medication, stay warm, hardly do anything.   It was so frustrating.

But Sis called my previous care giver to see if she could take care of me, with Doyle being busy with several cases and Sis's work load being heavy.   She couldn't but her daughter Betsy could, the easiest thing was to move me to the downstairs spare bedroom by doing that it avoided a lot of stair climbing and made it easier on Betsy to keep an eye on me, and the dogs and anything that was being done.

I was flattened, as one gets older it is harder to bounce back from something as simple as a cold and I had my pneumonia shot as well, but Betsy who has nurses training said the shot is a good thing in that it prevents things from getting worse.

Worse??!!  I felt like I had been hit with all 18 wheels of a 18 wheel Peterbuilt.   But Betsy and my Doctor said it could have been worse, like hospitalization.   Oh no, not over the holidays.

This is the first time I've been up in days.

But my brother and sister in law are going to have Thanksgiving at their house, and for Sis and I to relax,  they will have it all under control. 

So yes, I think the preparations for Halloween, the court restraining order, taking down the decorations and putting them away may have lowered my immune system.

But we are having Christmas Dinner at my home, but everyone is going to chip in, a sort of pot luck but we'll all know what to bring and I can plan around that.    Betsy being the cautious type told me that I'll have to wait a bit before I get too frisky.  So I'll be good.

So all of you have a Happy and Wonderful Thanksgiving.

Later Darklings

3 comments:

  1. Stressful situations do take their toll. Feel better soon, dear, and enjoy Thanksgiving with the family!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia, I will, my brother and sister-in-law have made changes and it will be at their home instead, same premise, but I am to not do anything at all. They are intent on getting me well.

      You have a very Happy Thanksgiving as well.

      Delete
  2. Being a vampire is not what it seems like. It’s a life full of good, and amazing things. We are as human as you are.. It’s not what you are that counts, but how you choose to be. Do you want a life full of interesting things? Do you want to have power and influence over others? To be charming and desirable? To have wealth, health, and longevity? contact the vampires creed today via email: Richvampirekindom@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete