Sunday, February 24, 2013

Of skipping the Oscars, Chinese New Years and a Nail magazine~~~

Hello My Darklings,

I am so tired, I can barely keep my eyes open.  Good thing my sister is cooking dinner tonight.

Work---insane!

Chinese New Years Street Fair and Parade----Wonderful!  I even bought a small 8 sided mirror to reflect back evil for the front door, my sister and I had fun trying the different treats, I'm going to have to diet, the Chinese New Years and Lent not a good combination but what can on elderly Goth do but enjoy---Eat, Drink and Be Merry for Tomorrow We Die!   Well almost.

It's a good thing we bundled up warmly and wore comfortable walking shoes, I tucked my keys and my small wallet inside my jacket in an inside pocket that had Velcro fasteners, that way my hands are free and no purse to steal, my sister did the same thing.  We wore our Beret's to keep our heads warm , it was lovely during the day but there was a wind chill factor,  we managed to find a restaurant to eat dinner before the parade, just so many people, the colors, the sounds of fire crackers, and Lion dancers to bring good luck, people exchanging red envelopes and the color of red, gold and green everywhere but it didn't feel like Christmas but something else, something very exotic.

And the food was good, but now today, I'm back on Lent.

We went to the cemetery to check on the family graves and head stones and to leave flowers, so peaceful after all the exuberance of yesterday, and a hint of the promise of spring, I even saw a robin.  I look at the old headstones and statues and I wonder if anything like this will exist a hundred years from now or will they become historical artifacts or only memories captured in photo's.  It gives me a further idea as to what to do for my garden and for the house,  its so old and done by a famous architect.  This idea keeps "cooking" in my mind.   Even my sister remarked to me if it were possible to build an above ground tomb on the grounds, the lot is huge enough, huge and deep enough to build 4 houses with room for gardens ---which I won't do.  But an idea.  

The Oscars are on tonight, but I am so tired, I think I'll go to bed early not that the Oscars ever really captured my interest except a little.   I never had a chance to see any of the films people keep talking about, but then film wise my interests are elsewhere.  So I think I'll go to bed early and enjoy sleep.

After we left the cemetery we stopped at a grocery store to pick up a few things and I came across a magazine called "Nail It"  it's all about nail polish and nail care and style and designs---premier issue---had to buy it.  I'll give you my thoughts about it later Darklings, but it does seem like fun.

Now I'm going to lie down, I just can't keep my eyes open.

Later Darklings

No comments:

Post a Comment