Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Of Valentine's Day, Lent and "Skyfall"~~~~~

Hello Darklings,

I know I have not been posting much of late, work here has been keeping me busy and doing late work, just to keep up.

I'm not fond of it but it has to be done, although this last weekend I and Doyle had our Valentine treat, and Darklings I'm not going to give you all the details, but deep blood red roses and a very dark red wine of what vintage I'm not sure, Doyle would not tell me were part of the treat.

He made reservations at this wonderful place that reminded me of a speak-easy of the 1920's and the food was excellent, he told me to dress up in my 1930's best evening gown which I did, in deepest emerald green with matching shoes, purse, and I worn my vintage (underscore that word---VINTAGE) black mink stole.   Doyle also looked fantastic, reminded me of a dapper gangster.   We danced, we dined, we drank wine and we.....I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Sunday we watched our newly purchased DVD of the James Bond movie "Skyfall"  and I loved it, they are re-vamping the James Bond story to meet with 21st century threats,  I believe M's speech truly outlines that idea.  And seeing a combination of old and new ideas.  I'm going to look forward to the next few Bond movies.   But the actress that Bond meets in a Macao Gambling Hall, how she looked and dressed was perfect for a Goth, she started out being 'dangerous' but she knew the danger was also near her.  I loved how she was made up and how she was dressed.  I don't think I could pull that off completely but still it had a certain style.

My sister Marie has also indulged in buying the March issues of Vogue, Elle, Harper's Bazaar, and Vanity Fair, so this coming weekend we are going to have fun reading it in the evenings to see what can be gleaned from them.

It is raining now, and we so do need it to build up the snow pack, even if did have a brief flutter of warm weather, like a promise of what spring can bring.

My sister and I attended Ash Wednesday services, and now it is Lent, a time of mourning and fasting and remembering,  I and Marie plan to go to the cemetery this coming Sunday to check on our parents and grandparents graves, leave flowers and prayers, we do it several times a year, weather permitting, but during Lent, Memorial Day weekend and just before Halloween.

But before that we intend to go to the Chinese New Year Celebration on Saturday and take in their Street Fair and Parade, Doyle will be with us for the parade as he will be busy on assignment during the day, but we'll have to take BART to and from, parking will be impossible.   This year is the year of the water snake, which might be a difficult year for some.   We shall see.

Ahhhh my break is almost over, and my young man friend has brought me a cup of Hazelnut coffee, he is very sweet.

Later Darklings

No comments:

Post a Comment