Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Of Donating to Hurricane Disaster Relief~~~~

Hello Darklings,

Here I am complaining about our Summer, and people are drowning in Texas because of Hurricane Harvey,  I should be ashamed of myself.

I've been watching the 5 o'clock news and the devastation is unimaginable, flooding on a Noachian scale, what some people would call a thousand year storm, worse that Hurricane Katrina.

My sister and I are making donations as well as other family members and friends.

If you have been hearing about this devastation and want to donate the best organization is the Red Cross.

Either call 1-800-Red-Cross or go to their web site you can find it on the internet.  

Be careful to not get taken in by scams,  especially any "gofundme" campaigns, the Red Cross is the best way to go.

Later Darklings

2 comments:

  1. I've heard that the Red Cross isn't necessarily the best organization to give to. I live relatively close to Texas and there should be drop-off sites taking all types of donations popping up any day now. That definitely happened after Katrina.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is good to know, I've found that a number of churches and local organizations such as the Lion's club have been helping out, so it does pay to call around and see who is doing what.

      Delete