Saturday, September 2, 2017

Of the Heat---The Hellacious Heat!!~~~~~~~



Hello Darklings,

We are having another heat wave and it is a killer, totally “Hellacious”, I cannot believe that for the first time in over a hundred years we hit 101 degrees, and inland 115,  San Francisco hit 106, the last time it was that hot in the City was 103 degrees when Ulysses S. Grant was President.

And the weatherman is saying that today will be even hotter!!   On top of that we are having heavy haze coming down to the ground, all from the various wildfires that at burning here and in near by Western States, the Easterly wind is bringing it making breathing conditions horrible.

Well I did have to open my mouth and ask where was the Summer weather, I guess that will teach me.

The school that Christopher and Coralline and the twins their air conditioning system failed, so all the parents were called to pick up their children, my brother and sister in law couldn’t do it, so I came to the rescue,  we stopped by their house to pick up everyone a change of clothing and then on to my home, where I had the misters’ going on the screened back porch, to create a cooling environment, I do not have air conditioning but I do have fans.

It didn’t matter in my house if you were inside or outside, the temperature was equal,  Sis has a window mounted air conditioner in her office for hot days for her clients comfort,  but once she saw her last client she turned it off, to do her part to not strain the power grid.

Poor Coralline she was still wearing the compression brace on her ankle but the heat was making her ankle swell up,  Christopher removed it and I iced it, and had her laying down on the chaise lounge,  the twins being their goofy selves, put on the lawn sprinkler and somehow packed their water guns and were playing getting wet in the heat,  while Coralline and Christopher emulated the dogs and myself and simply laid down and drank water.

My brother and sister in law joined us, and so did Sis, she suggested that the children sleep on cots in her office with the air conditioner,  she was going to do the same, but Coralline wanted to sleep on the back porch, so the twins and their Mother went, while everyone else slept on camp cots or lawn lounge chairs on the porch, my brother said he would sleep on the porch as well, and with Belladonna and Weiner Dog to protect us from evil squirrels or other nocturnal creatures we managed to pass a comfortable night.

And now we are facing another hot day, my brother and sister in law have left early to do grocery shopping,  Sis and I will be leaving in a few minutes to do the same, Doyle said he’ll watch the children with the dogs.  And except for the children doing their homework, we are doing nothing today.

The misters because they are wetting down the air seems to be making breathing on the back porch a little easier I kept it going till late last night and I'll do the same today.

At least the weatherman is saying that by Monday we should start seeing a decrease in the temperature,  all we can do is rest,  stay in the shade and drink lots of water.   Thank Goodness I don’t live in Death Valley.

Later Darklings

3 comments:

  1. And here in Arkansas, we've had one of the coolest and rainiest summers I can remember. At least we're not suffering from wild fires like those of you farther west.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True Nightwind, we have been having horrible wild fires, it's caused breathing problems where I live.

      I hope the storms from Harvey and Irma haven't impacted you badly.

      Delete
    2. I live in Northwest Arkansas. Nothing from either storm has reached us here, except for some clouds from Irma.

      Delete