Sunday, February 9, 2014

Of "I'm Back--- Did You Miss Me?"~~~~~

Hello Darklings,

Well I know it has been a while since I last posted, but I have to confess, work has been horrendous,  staff members coming down sick, not with the flu but with colds of all things, 3 days feeling yucky, sore throats, runny noses,  the good thing is everyone got their flu shots.  Which is a good thing, it is frightening to hear that just in the Bay Area alone 35 deaths were flu related and any age too.

Well I've been saving things and my thoughts to flash drive to post later and its a good thing, sort of like a diary and just saving it all up to post now.

We finally have rain coming in!!!  The cisterns and the well that I have to water the garden is filling up just nicely, for a while there I had to use the drip irrigation to connect to the city water system to water the garden and greenhouse, but with the rains I turned it off for now  and if the rains keep doing what they're doing for the remaining part of winter and through Spring we should be in decent shape, not great shape but decent shape.  We've had several mild storms with some good soakers up north which is good and heading towards the Sierra's to build up the snow pack.

I was so worried about the hills, tinder dry just waiting to burn, but now if all goes well that will be pushed back to October.   There is several more storms going to rolling in every few days which will give us and the ground a bit of a breather to soak up the water.

Well The Bronco's lost the Superbowl, there were howls of disappointment up and down the neighborhood, but I didn't hear it I and Sis were at the Film Noir Festival taking in the last series of films.  And I was concerned about Coralline she does not like sports so I made arrangements for her to spend the day with her friend Marissa at house, her parents were happy about that, Marissa is not into sports either, but her brother and Dad were going to an Uncle's house for the game, so Marissa, her Mom and Coralline had fun spending the day together going to Niles and checking out the antique shops, and having pizza at Bronco Billy's which had the t.v. set set to the game but that was fine they were in for the pizza.

Coralline told me all about it over the phone Monday early evening and I told her about the movies.  She had a wonderful day looking at all the vintage things, and even asked me about some of the things, I teased her and asked "Do you think I'm old?"  and she replied "No, you're a collectible a really neat keeper!"  She laughed and said that because of my expertise espeically with vintage things she just wants to know more and she said she'd love to go to the Film Noir Festival next year, I said I'd have to see next year what they are going to offer, I didn't want her to see anything that her Mother might object to, but with the confidence of youth she said she was pretty sure her Mom wouldn't mind  "Mom says you're pretty good at corrupting young minds" and I said I hoped he was rolling her eyes because mine were.  But we left that subject on a "we'll see" note.

Doyle is complaining, T.V. he says, is going to be boring all re-runs on account of the Olympics, I have to be honest Darklings, the last time I watched the Olympics was in 1984 the Summer Olympics, after that I said to myself that it was fine for them to compete, and there is a certain national feeling but I just could not get into it.  And that was that.  So I told Doyle to get out his James Bond DVD's and watch that.

The news has been mostly about the drought here in California now its about the rain and snow, then about the Olympics and any controversy surrounding it, and who won gold medals.  Oh what I wouldn't give for a good murder mystery.   The other thing is about Turkey restricting to the people internet access, hmmm that seems to explain why, when I look at my stats I was getting a lot of viewers from Turkey----What!!  Turkey wants to restrict viewers from reading my blog about silly, strange and mundane things??? How obsured!

It's not like I'm going to convert people, what could I convert them about?  I'm just an 'old woman' with a different lifestyle and family life---it's like a soap opera at times, with different characters and strange people and mundane people and events both plain and strange.  With situations developing, resolving and sometimes just left hanging because it is impossible to resolve.  I shop, I work, I read, and eat, I enjoy wine, and doing fun things.  I have good happen, and I have bad happen.  It's my life as boring or as interesting as people may feel it to be. 

Like yesterday, it was raining, love the rain, wet a little chilly but its here Thank Goodness, however out into the cold and wet we went, Sis, myself, Belladonna and Wiener Dog,  it was time for the Dogs' check up,  "oh no mummies, we's don' wan to go dey dos strange ting's like someting ups ma butts"  Yes my little doggie darlings they are checking your tempeture which was fine, teeth fine, weight fine, shots up to date, weight opps Belladonna is getting a little pudgy, she's been stealing Wiener's food, we'll have to watch that, and nails are now trimmed.    The doggie babies get some treats for being good, and a visit to the doggie store for food and necessities,  Wiener chewed his sleeping bed we found stuffing all over the place and Wiener was the one who did the "shame face"  Belladonna was just fine "Who me?"  she looks "Nope not me, I'se fine".

And we needed to take care of some shopping as usual, the dogs were fine in the car, but Sis and I had to take a walk around T.J. Max and see what they had,  well I could not resist a pair of Bandolino heel's tan with black patent leather toes and heels,  and they has Elizabeth Taylor's perfume "Passion" had to have that I ran out, and Sis found her favorite Coach Bag,  she was just stunned to find it, and I know her, she wears her purses out to almost nothing. Except the Coach all leather bag last almost forever,  I have a deep dark green one that is a classic and it still looks new. 

The clothing was pretty much mundane, but there were some cute coffee mugs that we bought, we seem to go through mugs, the fine china cups are just fine we never break those, but the everyday coffee mugs seem to get a beating,  Doyle is espeically clumsey in the morning, if we go two weeks without him accidently knocking over his mug and breaking it, its a miracle.   Most of the time I buy the cheap ones at Safeway in their housewares dept. and he knows they're for him.

And then the grocery shopping.  Friday night Sis, and I, while we were doing laundry, went over the pantry, freezer and refrigerator to see what needed to be purchased,  on large dry goods like toliet paper and paper towels we go to Cost Co, with 3 sometimes 4 or 5 people in the house we tend to go through that very quickly,  Sis has a Cost Co business membership so she buys on her account and I re-imburse her, oh but it can be dangerous shopping at Cost Co, all the sample bars, but its a good thing I have a large freezer, except for small things that are quickly perishable like bread, we stock up pretty well.  And for parties, well that is my go-to store. 

And my goodness, this last time all those wines they were offering, good thing we got there early, and each of us had a basket, not that there were many interesting offerings, but I did spot a few that I remembered from my Wine trip a few years ago and picked up a few bottles.

I know Darklings, an elder Goth going to a Cost Co store?  It really doesn't fit, but when one lives an interesting life one has to stock up so one does not have to spend much time doing mundane things, and on heavy shopping days like that well its either a slow cooker dinner or ordering Chinese and having it delivered.  

I am so glad for flash drives I can save my thoughts and add things later with just only a littile effort, so for our final event.

I know for many what we've and I have done does not appear to be interesting---well today it was for a little while,  Sis and I went to the Art Deco Annual Membership party, it's free to members, non members pay $15, no-host bar and nibbles and entertainment, vintage attire admired but not necessary, well Sis and I did go dressed vintage and for the few hours we were there enjoying the period music and talking to people we were having a lovely time,  Doyle has been busy with his work and had to pass on it, and it was good, at the lovely old Elk's Building in San Francisco right near Union Square, we got there early to take the tour and they had done some important renovations the building just looks beautiful, I'm so glad we went.

It's like making sure to set aside time to see classic movies at the Paramount theater, if one wants to live a Vintage and Gothic life, one has to make time for it and I'm glad we did, but sometimes things force us to slow down.

After being there a few hours Sis looked very peaked, I asked her if anything is wrong and she said she didn't feel well, she did look a bit feverish and not wanting to take a chance we just came home, and it was a good thing as she appears to have a cold.   So I'm going to order a couple of orders of Won Ton Soup mostly for her, and we'll go from there, I told her to not worry about her vintage clothing I'd take care of it  and I'd call her clients and see about rescheduling for her, at least for the whole week, I've taken a look at her book and she does have openings so we'll see who I can fit in for her. 

At least I have tomorrow off so I can do more catch up for her appointments, but I'll have to at least take care of two days worth tonight.  And Doyle has just come home, he picked up the dogs at our sitters for me, and is again complaining about the television doldrums,  Oh wait a minute!!  He is now waving in front of my nose several DVD's that we had purchased but never got a chance to see, Steve Martin in "Dead Men don't wear Plaid",  "Northside 777", and several others, I told him to dig through the Library of our DVD's and see what others we have.

And now I'm going to check on Sis and start the phone calling,  Chinese Resteraunt first. 

Later Darklings

No comments:

Post a Comment