Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Of rain lovely rain~~~~

Hello Darklings,

I am so happy that we have had and will have rain to wash the air and dust away.

Of course the dogs don't like it, the looks on their faces "what's dis wet stuff?"

I got my flu shot today and as always it puts me a bit under the weather, but Sis has solved that with Won Ton Soup.

Bit by bit all the Halloween decorations have been put away and now we're making plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

But I swear it's like we just slide into Christmas without a wink and a "Howdie you do" to Thanksgiving. 

I'm still of the mind set that Christmas doesn't start until Santa shows up at the end of the Macy's Parade.   It's Tradition!!

Well tomorrow I'm going in for a pulmitory exam I've been having some breathing problems, and we're wondering if it was related to the particles from the smoke from the wildfires, well it doesn't hurt to make sure.

Things are a bit slow with me, I help transcribe my sister's notes, but I have to admit I'm slowing down a little.

So I just take it a day at a time.  

I've not been able to come across anything darkly delicious, but I'll keep hunting.

But Thanks Goodness for the rain.

Later Darklings

4 comments:

  1. I like rainy and/or gloomy days. Today was one such day. They always put me in a melancholy frame of mind, but I often need that. Good luck with the exam.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Nightwind,

      I too love the rain espeically when it's blowing against the window panes. But I love the fall Sun as well to see the leaves slowly drifting down in different colors, it reminds me of cemeteries which is an odd thing to think of but then I'm an odd person.

      Delete
  2. Dear Vampire Rose: Ask for the flu shot with no eggs in it -- the one they give to pregnant women. My sister has the same problem with reactions so the other shot has served her well. Also -- if you can lay your hands on the early 70's version of "Wuthering Heights", it's the very best performance Timothy Dalton ever gave. His co-star was Anna Calder Marshall and the soundtrack was hauntingly beautiful and by Michel Legrand. I bawled like a baby thru the whole picture. Love your blog -- you inspired me to start one when I retired in January. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Younger sister,

      I've had both types of shots and I react to both, just lie down and sleep, that's the best thing, my doctor has said that I'm sensitive to it, but it does what it's suppose to do.

      I have both "Wuthering Heights" and "Jane Eyer" with Timothy Dalton, he is just so passionate in both of them. And now older I saw him in "Pennydreadful" and I still marvel at his performance.

      I'm glad that I've inspired you to write your own blog, they are fun to do.

      Delete